We make this salad regularly, since we started to make fermented cabbage. The salad has pleasant sour and refreshing taste. It is very easy to make, it will only get better, when kept in the fridge for 3-5 days.
- 2 cups of fermented cabbage
- 3-4 large cooked carrots
- 2-3 large cooked beetroot (organic have the better taste)
- whole small can of dill picked cucumbers or 5-6 medium size picked cucumbers (Eskal Dill Pickles are the best)
- 1 small red onion
- 2 table spoons of Avocado oil
- salt and black pepper to season
- boil peeled carrots until cooked
- boil separately whole beetroot until cooked, cool them in cold water and peel
- chop carrots, beetroot and dill pickles
- finely chop sliced red onion (better using mandoline slicer)
- in a big bowl mix chopped vegetables, add fermented cabbage with its juice
- add avocado oil (any vegetable oil you prefer)
- season the salad with salt and coarse black pepper and mix it again
Beetroot juice will take over and colour carrots and cabbage. This is a salad safe to store in a fridge for the whole week. It is healthy salad to go with any sandwich.
It can go into lunch box with some protein on top as a part of eating plan for weight reduction. You only have to be cautious of leaking from the box.
Beetroot salad with chicken meatloaf is a really handy option for lunch on the go. It tastes wonderful cold, so reheating is not a problem, it does not have any bread in it and will not go soggy.