Chicken and mushroom bake is super easy, rustic dish to make. It is perfect for entertaining. You only have to put all ingredients in individual pots, place pots to the oven for baking and get ready for guests to arrive.
Ingredients: quantity depends on number of servings
- diced chicken fillets
- sliced onions
- chopped celery
- chopped carrots
- sliced mushrooms
- chopped capsicum
- sliced long eggplant
- chopped chat potatoes
- dry porcini mushrooms
- garlic and chili peppers paste
- salt and pepper
- cover dry porcini mushrooms with boiling water, let them hydrate for at least one hour
- dice chicken fillets
- chop and slice vegetables
- mix all ingredients in equal quantities, add seasoning, place the mix in individual baking pots (ceramic pots or cast iron mini cocottes).
- add garlic and chili peppers paste and slices of rehydrated porcini mushrooms
- add porcini mushrooms water, approximately to half the depth of the pot
- cover tightly with the lid
- bake for 1 hour in preheated fan forced oven at 190 degrees. Open the lid for final 10-15 min.
- Ready bake can be kept in the oven (switched off) for 15-30 min warm for your convenience, if your guests are late
Chicken and mushroom bake is very lean and surprisingly tasty meal. It takes only 10-15 min to prepare, frees you to do other things while it cooks, and does not put any restrains on serving time. Feel free to add olive oil or butter, to add extra flavour, or use cheese in final minutes of baking to get the crust. When mushroom liquid is added, the consistency of the dish would be of hearty thick soup. To avoid that, add only 2-3 table spoons of porcini mushroom water. I personally like mushroom flavour and actually prefer plenty of juices in the bake.
We enjoyed it as our early autumn lunch outside. The weather was cool, but we did not have to worry about our food going cold fast.