When, at times, I want to treat myself to fast and enjoyable comfort food, I throw together several ingredients I always have in my cupboard: shredded mozzarella cheese, tomatoes, onions, Freedom Foods gluten free wraps, several drops of ketchup, and in 15 min, I am ready to rug up and, if I am lucky, and there is a nice French movie on World movies channel, it is ultimate comfort for me.
I was never tempted to use these wraps for anything else, I am not even sure they are that flexible, but they are excellent as thin crusts for quick individual pizzas.
- Freedom Foods gluten free wraps
- 1 tomato, thinly sliced
- several thin slices of onion
- less than teaspoon of ketchup, or any gluten free tomato sauce
- 2-4 table spoons of shredded mozzarella cheese
- salt and pepper
- tea spoon of unsalted butter at room temperature (optional)
- start the oven at 170 degrees while you assemble pizza
- place one gluten free wrap on a sheet of baking paper on a tray
- (optional) spread very thin layer of butter on top of the wrap
- add tomato sauce and spread it evenly
- add thinly slices tomatoes and onions on top of tomatoes
- season with salt and pepper
- cover with shredded mozzarella cheese
- when ready, put in the oven and bake until the cheese melted and became golden-brown
When cut immediately, the crust is soft, but after 3-5 min, it becomes hard enough to stay flat and not to drop. Occasionally I might add gluten free ham, or finely chopped bacon to add some smoky flavour. As with any pizza, you can add whatever you like. Two really necessary ingredients are the base and mozzarella cheese. I am not going to recommend this as a regular meal, but as a treat, it is deeply satisfying.