Baked omelette is the convenient option for hot breakfast with several people to be served simultaneously. With traditional pan-fried omelette, as with pancakes, someone has to have them barely warm to enjoy a joint meal. With so many cute individual baking pans and dishes now available, baked omelette is not only tasty and healthy breakfast or lunch, but also makes a difference in meal presentation.
The recipe is a free range one. Any steamed, or fresh vegetables, can be baked with eggs. Once again we were given wonderful organic tomatoes from our friends garden, which have an amazing sweet taste, and are simply divine when lightly roasted.
- steamed broccolini
- eggs (2-3 per serve, depending on their size)
- milk, 1-2 table spoons per egg (replace with water for paleo version)
- cherry tomatoes, halved
- oil to grease baking pan/dish
- salt and black pepper for seasoning
- chop broccolini and steam them for 3-5 min
- place them in cold water to preserve the colour
- lightly whisk eggs with milk, add seasoning
- grease baking pan/dish
- spread broccolini in the baking pan
- pour lightly beaten eggs over broccolini
- place halved tomatoes into egg mix
- season tomatoes with salt and black pepper
- bake in preheated to 170C oven, until eggs are set and the omelette is just wobbly in the middle
- rest for 3-4 min before serving
Nothing more to say.